Customizr Theme options : Pages and posts layout
This documentation page will help you understand how to display sidebars in your pages and posts with the Customizr WordPress theme. Once activated, the sidebars can be used to insert WordPress Widgets like your latests posts, a calendar, a Google Map, a secondary menu, etc.
The Customizr theme offers four different column layouts out of the box :
- One column full width. See full width layout demo.
- Two columns with sidebar on the left. See left sidebar layout demo.
- Two columns with sidebar on the right. See right sidebar layout demo.
- Three columns with two sidebars. See three columns layout demo.
You can define your page and post layout at two levels :
- in the main options screen (the live customizer),
- and for each single post or page.
In the main option screen you can define the global default layout for the different screens of your website.Global default layout. This layout will apply for the following pages :
- Archives : categories, tags, author page, archive by dates (day, month, years)
- Search pages
- Error 404 page
Posts default layout
Pages default layout
Setting a single post or page layout
In the edit screen of each post or page you can define a particular layout in a dedicated box (on the top right corner of the screen). This will override the default layout set in Customizr options but can be overriden if you check the force default layout everywhere option.