How to setup the home featured pages in the Customizr theme?
Featured pages are those pages of your site that you want to highlight at a particular point in time. You may wish to bring the attention of new visitors to the most popular or most useful pages of your site. By doing this, you can improve your visitor's engagement and reduce the bounce rate of your site and also get casual visitors appreciate your site's usefulness.
For this reason, it is a good idea to have an option of featuring certain posts or pages, particularly on the home page. The Customizr WordPress theme has this option built into it. Let us see how to set it up.
Here is a screenshot from a demo site with a Home Featured Pages section.
Accessing the Featured Pages settings
- From the customizer, go to Content > Front Page and go to the last section Featured Pages Options to access the Home Featured Pages option.
Enabling the Featured Pages on home
- Right on top, there is a dropdown list against Display home featured pages area. By default the option Enable is chosen. You can choose to disable the Home Featured Pages by choosing Disable here. In this case, no other settings are visible below this.
- Image : Check against Show images so that the thumbnails of the featured images of the chosen pages will be displayed in the features pages section. You might need to learn how to set a featured image to a page in WordPress here.
- Customize the Button Text from the default Read more » to whatever text you wish in the input box provided.
- Next comes the actual selection of the featured pages. There are three dropdown lists for this purpose. Home featured page one, Home featured page two and Home featured page three can be chosen from the dropdown lists containing all posts and pages published.
- Followed by the choice of pages, you can also choose to display a custom text, if you do not want the excerpt of the page to be displayed. In this case, enter this custom text into Featured text one, Featured text two and/or Featured text three. There is a cap of a maximum of 200 characters for this text.
- selecting a custom location,
- Adding unlimited pages,
- changing the layout, shape and colors,
- and other cool options.
Doc created by: Menaka S.