Customizer Preview is not working ( Appearance -> Customize )
You may have login to your WordPress dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize and found that it's not loading or some settings are not working properly.
There could be a few reasons why your Appearance -> Customize does not work.
- It could be due to plugin conflict, or plugin outputting conflicting script in your preview.
- It could be your server not having enough memory to run all the software installed. Which includes WordPress, Customizr Pro Theme and your large collection of plugins.
- Or maybe your computer does not have enough processing power to run it.
- You are having a different WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL)
WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL)
- Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Go to Settings -> General
- Your WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) has to be identical.
The preview will not load if you are having a different URL
Server Memory Issue
- Activate Customizr Pro Theme, then deactivate all your plugins.
- With all your plugins remain deactivated, visit Appearance -> Customize and see if it works properly.
- If it works properly, there is a high chance that your server is not having enough memory to run.
- To confirm this issue.
- Randomly active back a few "large" plugins and check if your customizer is working properly.
- If yes, this confirms that you are having a memory issue. You will have to contact your web hosting company to increase your resources, or deactivate a few not important plugin
Plugin Conflict or Error
A plugin conflict or code error can cause Customizer Preview to stop loading or part of it to stop working properly.
- If you have a cache plugin or server cache. You need to purge it's cache contents and disable it.
- De-active all your plugins.
- Re-activate back one plugin at a time.
- Clear your browser history and visit your Appearance -> Customize to see if it works.
- If you have found a plugin that breaks your Appearance -> Customize.
- You can double check by activating only this plugin and deactivate all other plugins.
- Visit Appearance -> Customize and see if it works.
- If it works, then it's not a plugin conflict, it's your server not having enough resources.
- If it does not work, then you have found the plugin that's causing conflict.
Some notebook computers may not have enough processing power to run your browser while in Customizer Preview.
- Try to find another desktop computer which is almost new.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard, Go to Appearance -> Customize are see if it works properly.
- If it works, then the computer that you are using does not have enough processing power to run web browser in customize preview. You will have to use a more powerful computer.
- Switching to a stable and less demanding web browser such as Firefox, may work on a notebook computer.
Written by Denzel Chia