Developers : how to customize the Customizr WordPress theme ?
The Customizr theme is designed to be customized from the WordPress customizer live preview panel. We are doing our best to make this a friendly user interface to let you design your website like you want.
But what if you wish to go further and customize Customizr a bit more? Or What if your feel that there's an option missing in the customizer ?
Then the following content will help you get started.
Templates in Customizr
Customizr main loop
Customizr hooks API
If you are not familiar with filters and actions hooks in WordPress, I strongly recommend this quick introduction.
- modify the css : menu, fonts, backgrounds, slider,…
- re-arrange blocks of content in the website : add actions, filters, etc…
- add new type of content,
Twitter Bootstrap Components
Where do I put the CSS snippets?
- Pasted the CSS into the Customiz’It > Custom CSS panel. This is the easiest approach for beginners.
- Pasted into your child theme’s CSS. This is slightly more complex, but once you understand the principles here, it’s a 5-minute job.
Do I need a child theme?
- A child theme has a folder in the wp-content > themes folder, just like its parent. You can see this with an FTP client (for example Filezilla) or with a file manager provided by your hosting provider (if available);
- It must contain a style.css file;
- The style.css file must link the child to the parent in a specific way.
- Edit the file using the WordPress Editor (using Appearance > Editor); or
- Download the file with FTP, edit it, and re-upload it.
What if I want to start using functions and php?
What does a child-theme’s functions.php look like?