My European VAT number is not validated, what can I do ?
VAT should not be charged for companies purchasing to other companies inside EU. This rule will be applied for your purchase on Press Customizr if you own a profesional business located inside EU.
On the Press Customizr checkout page, you can enter your European VAT ID in a specific field of the purchase order form. When you'll submit your VAT number, it will be remotely checked and validated with the official European VAT numbers database.
At the bottom of the checkout page, you'll find a VAT link to click in order to enter your VAT details.
Once entered and validated, you should see the following message :
It might happen sometimes that it's not recognized. In most of the cases, it's because the VAT number and the company name you've entered do no match the ones registered in the EU databases.
This problem can usually be fixed by doing the following :
- Open the web page of the Vies VAT number validation service
- Select your country and enter your VAT number in the relevant field
- The service will return a company name associated to your VAT number. The company name spelling or letter sizes (small caps / big caps) can sometimes be slightlly different than yours. Copy the EU company name returned by the validation service.
- Go back on the presscustomizr page and replace your previous company name with the one you've just copied.
- Try to validate your VAT number again.
Other resources from the European Commision :