Blank page after a theme update - How to fix it ?
Updating the Customizr theme from your WP admin is the easiest and safest way to get the latest version of the theme. If you've never done it before, check this WordPress documentation on how to update a theme from your WP admin.
In some rare cases, it might happen that you'll get a scaring blank page (blank admin and blank site) when updating the theme...:[
First of all dont PANIC! :)
In most cases, simply deleting and re-uploading the theme manually will fix this problem.
Follow those simple steps and you'll be fine :
- Connect to your website server by FTP (how do I do that ?)
- Delete the customizer folder from wp-content/themes.
- After doing that the admin panel and the site will be up again but with a default theme.
- Downloaded a new copy of the theme from the Customizr WordPress page.
- Then go in the admin panel to Themes and upload manually the Customizr theme zip file.
After activating the theme all works fine. Please note that :
- You won't loose your previous settings, or your posts, pages, widgets, etc, by doing this.
- If you use a Customizr child's theme, it won't be impacted by this process either.
Related WordPress.org forum topics :