How to upload a WordPress plugin from your WordPress admin dashboard ?
Some WordPress plugins must be uploaded to your WordPress website. Typically the plugins not hosted on WordPress.org belong to this category.
This quick documentation explains the required steps to upload a plugin from your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- In your WordPress Admin Menu, go to Plugins > Add New.
- Click on Upload Plugin button found on top left corner of page.
- Click on Browse (1), Select the .zip file of your plugin in your computer, and click Install Now (2) button.
- At this point, the plugin is installed. You can click on Activate Plugin link to work with it.
Well done, you have managed to install and activate your WordPress plugin !