How to quickly test and add custom CSS code in WordPress ?
The Additional CSS Panel ( built-in feature of WordPress ) provides a really powerful tool for applying simple CSS changes and seeing the effect immediately. This is a really useful feature allowing users to test different style with various CSS code in real-time preview, and publish when satisfied of the result.
The custom CSS added this way is applied globally to the entire website. To add custom CSS scoped to a specific page, you can use the custom CSS feature of Nimble Builder, a free page builder for WordPress.
Open the WordPress live customizer and navigate to the custom css setting.
Just remember to click the Save & Publish button to keep your changes.
Using the WordPress Custom CSS has many benefits :
- If you modify a theme directly and it is updated, then your modifications may be lost. By using Custom CSS you will ensure that your modifications are preserved.
- Using Custom CSS can speed up development time.
- Custom CSS is loaded after the theme’s original CSS and thus allows overriding specific CSS statements, without having to write an entire CSS set from scratch.
Not sure how to use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) code? No worries, we have created a few pages of documentation to help you get started :
- How to inspect your WordPress webpages code in your browser ?
- Basics of CSS and HTML for WordPress themes
- Mozilla Fundation website.