How to translate the Customizr WordPress theme in your language ?
Using the Loco Translate plugin
- Make sure that the option Loco Translate -> Settings -> Compiling MO files -> Include Fuzzy strings is unchecked
- Go to Loco Translate -> Themes
- Click on the theme name (under Bundle name)
- Hover on the translation you want to customize. We'll use German ( de_DE ) for this example.
- Click on Copy
- Under "1.Choose a language" choose the language you need (eg Italian ) and make sure that "2. Choose a location" is set to Custom (you don't want any change loss on a theme update)
- Under "3.Template options" choose Copy target translations from "de_DE" (so that you start with our own set of translations) and check "Use de_DE as template when running Sync" (so that you want need to re-scan the whole project when new localized strings are added)
- Click on "Start translating"
You'll find a complete documentation to translate a theme with Loco Translate on this page.
Contributing on WordPress.org
You can contribute to the translation of the Customizr theme online on WordPress.org. This page lists the current status of the translations.
Note : Each language team on wordpress.org has specific rules and wording requirements. This is important because it ensures that the translations of a given language are consistent accross all plugins and themes on wordpress.org. Make sure that you follow the wordpress guidelines of your native language when translating.