How to use the category filter for the blog ?
The Customizr theme team has come up with a new feature in Version 3.4.10. It is a small addition as a feature, but it scores high in utility value. Now, you can add a category filter to the blog posts on your home page (or on the page displaying the blog).
How to Access it?
- In the Customizer, go to Content > Front Page.
- Scroll down to the -Choose Content and Layout- section.
- Here, you have three options for Front Page displays.
- Don't show any posts or pages
- Your latest posts
- A static page
- If you choose Your latest posts, an additional input box appears below with the label Apply a category filter to your home/blog posts. It is this box that gives the additional feature.
Resources about post categories in WordPress :
How to Use it?
- Click on this input box and you will see a dropdown with the categories that exist.
- Choose one or more categories from this list.
- Once chosen, if you want to remove any category, click on the x symbol next to the category.
- Save and publish.
- Visit the front page of your site and you will see your latest posts of those categories that you chose only.
When to use it?
There may be several scenarios when this can be of use. If you want to highlight any particular category for a certain period, say a week or a month, this could be useful. For instance, if your a fashion blogger, Intenational fashion week might be the right time to highlight post assigned to this particular category.
Doc created by: Menaka S.