How can I upgrade from Customizr free to Customizr Pro ?
Q : What are the steps when upgrading from free to pro ?
A : Once you've purchased Customizr Pro and downloaded the zip file of your theme, you can install it from your WordPress admin dashboard. If you've never done it before, no worries it's really simple! We have published a quick documentation on how to install the customizr Pro WordPress theme.
Then you just need to activate the Customizr Pro theme. It will use all the options that you had previously set in the free version.
Q : How can I purchase Customizr Pro ?
A : Purchasing Customizr Pro is easy, just follow those simple steps :
- Connect to the Customizr Pro page
- Select a plan : Single or Unlimited and click on Purchase
- On the secured checkout page, select your payment method : Credit Card or Paypal, fill in the purchase order form, and validate your order
Once your order is completed, you'll receive a purchase receipt with a download link for your theme. You can also download and upgrade your product at any time from your account.
Q : I have built a WordPress site with the Customizr WordPress theme and am happy with it. If I switch to the premium version, do I have to start all over again?
A : Customizr and Customizr Pro share the same core code and are 100% compatible. Almost all of the customizations made to the free version will be kept if you switch to the pro version : skins, fonts, sliders, layouts, custom css, ...
Customizr free options are shared by Customizr Pro, the only exceptions for now are :
- the featured pages on front page that you’ll need to select again in the Appearance > customize > featured pages (you need to re-generate your thumbnails in order to have them properly shown as featured pages images. There is a fast and safe plugin to do that : Regenerate Thumbnails.)
- the main menu that you might re-assign to the main location in Appearance > Menus
- The widgets
WordPress, by itself, treats menus per theme (a menu set as Main in Customizr will not be set as Main in Twentyfifteen). The same thing happens with the widgets. That's 'cause widget area generally differ from theme to theme.
About the widgets, if you set widgets for Customizr and then switch to Customizr-Pro the widgets sill appear in the right sidebars 'cause WordPress recognizes, even if their not the same theme, that the sidebars are the same.